Research and Consultancy
NEEF has contributed to various Research and Consultancy Projects of National and International Importance. Some of them are listed here:
Research and Consultancy Projects:
- Energy Market Integration in East Asia: Energy Trade Practices in India Review of Tariff and Non-Tariff Barriers in relation to ASEAN, sponsored by Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), Indonesia, 2013-14.
- Energy Market Integration in East Asia: Implications of Cash Transfers of Subsidies in the Energy Sector in India, Energy Market Integration in East Asia: Renewable Energy and its Deployment into the Power System, ERIA Research Project Report, 2012-2013.
- Investigation for employment generation and its case studies associated with biomass utilization in India, sponsored by the National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology, (AIST), Japan, 2012-14.
- Investigation for land use, climate and soil classifications in India, sponsored by the National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology, (AIST), Japan, 2012-14.
- Energy Market Integration in East Asia: A Case Study of Cash Transfers of Energy Subsidies in India sponsored by Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), Indonesia, 2012-13.
- Investigation of concept, framework and indicators for social assessment of the ERIA WG methodology for sustainable biomass utilization and establishing a basic framework of 'decision supporting tool' for ex-ante evaluation of sustainable biomass utilization, Sponsored by ERIA, Indonesia and National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology, (AIST), Japan, 2011-12.
- Socio-economic and Environmental Aspects of Bioenergy in India and East Asia, sponsored by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Thailand, and Institute of Developing Economies (IDE), Japan, 2007-08
- Review of EIA and recommendations for an efficient management of the project on Swan River Flood Management and Integrated Land Development Project in Himachal Pradesh (H.P.) India for Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to April-May, 2005.
- Mid term evaluation of ICEF-WBPCB project on Pollution Prevention and Waste Minimization of Small Scale Industries in Kolkata Metropolis Area, Consultant for India Canada Environment Facility (ICEF) for Jan-Feb, 2005.
- "State of Environment Report- Maharashtra", for the MoEF, Govt. of India, MPCB and GoM, 2004-05.
- Maharashtra State Development Report for the Planning Commission, Government of India, 2002-04.
- Training Programmes on Economic Evaluation of Environmental Impacts for the Senior Officers of Central and State Pollution Control Boards in India, under the World Bank assisted EMCBTA project, through CPCB and MOEF, Mumbai, September, 2002.
- Project on Environment Education and Capacity Building for Promoting Nature Conservation and Environmental Protection, for India Canada Environment Facility (ICEF) and World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), India project on May-July, 2002.
- Project on Environmental Economics Forest Valuation Project of Himachal Pradesh for State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Kasumpti, Shimla (Himachal Pradesh), 1997-98.
Life Cycle Assessment with AIST, Japan, MoEF, India and PRe, The Netherlands.
- "Development of Climate Change Impact Model for India", Sponsored by the Japan Environment Agency.
International Trade and Recycling in Developing Countries: Case of Wastepaper Trade in India, sponsored by the CREED, The Netherland and U.K.
- Consultancy project on "Indian Perspectives on Trade and Recycling of Wastepaper", The World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Training Programme for the Senior Officials of the Pollution Control Boards in India, under Institutional Development Components of the World Bank, January.
- "Environmental Resource Accounting for India: Some Case Studies", sponsored by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission (ESCAP)for the Asia-Pacific, Bangkok, Thailand.
- "Trade and Environment Linkages: A Case Study of India", sponsored by the UNCTAD, Geneva.
- "Natural Resource Accounting: A Framework for India", sponsored by the UNDP through Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India.
- "Economic Valuation of Air Pollution" in Bombay under URBAIR/MEIP project sponsored by the World Bank/ UNDP.
Size Distribution of Atmospheric Aerosols for "Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers", Bombay.
- Field Sampling of Air Pollutants using Hi-Vol. Samplers, Cascade Impactor, QCM-CI and Stack Samplers etc. Field Sampling of Water Pollutants for various pollutants like BOD, COD, DO, Colour, TDS, Conductivity, pH etc. Laboratory Analysis of Water and Air Pollutants using AAS, Spectrophotometers, ICPES, XRF, INAA, CAS, IAS, etc.
- Economic, trade, energy and environmental data collection (base line and secondary data) for Wastepaper and Plastic Waste in India and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Socio-economic, export, health & environmental data collection survey for Indian Leather Tanning Industry.
- Socio-economic, export, health & environmental data collection survey for Indian Fish and Shellfish Industry.
- Economic and environmental data collection survey for Pollution Monitoring & Abatement Industry in India.
Environmental and Energy Modelling:
- Air Quality Modelling - Dispersion Modelling of Air Pollutants using Guassion Plume Model.
- Receptor Modelling of Air Pollutants using
- Statistical Analysis of Pollutants - Chemical Mass Balance, Factor Analysis, Multiple Regression, Composite Receptor Model, Cluster Analysis etc.
- Water Quality Modelling
- Econometric Modelling of Local Pollutants - Air, Water, Solid Waste
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Climate Change Modelling - Impact on Agricultural Productivity, Water Resources and Policy Analysis
- Energy Systems Modelling - Conventional and Renewable Energy
- Risk Assessment -Socio-Economic Damage Estimations - Health and Non Health effects due pollution
National Ecology and Environment Foundation Copyright 2001. All rights reserved.